Thursday, October 6, 2011

I wish for you...

Sometimes, a writing prompt gives me an immediate jolt of inspiration. I know what I want to write and how I want to write it.

This week, Mama Kat showed this image that's been floating around Facebook:


And Mama Kat asked... "Who does it make you think about?"

No pondering needed with this one. My thoughts went instantaneously to someone. Not a person who isn't making an effort in my life, but a person who needs to read these words, take them to heart, and get the dead weight out of her life. Forever.

I am not at liberty to talk about it here
    ... which probably makes for a pretty lame blog post.

But it is not my own life to analyze, nor my own life to discuss on the Internet.

But for those of you out there who allow others to manipulate your feelings?
I wish for you strength.


For those who accept letdowns from the same person/people time and time again?
I wish for you self-worth.


And for those who hang on tightly to someone who just cannot give back?
I wish for you power.


The power to know when the time is right... and finally let go.


- - -

4 comments:

Tracy @nystoopmama said...Best Blogger Tips

Oh, gosh, are we related?! I certainly have been worrying about a family member dealing with the SAME issues. Ugh.

SUPAHMAMA! said...Best Blogger Tips

"The power to know when the time is right... and finally let go." I needed to hear this one for sure. As Mommy Lisa said, Good Wishes indeed!

Visiting from Mama Kat's!

Miss Marina Star said...Best Blogger Tips

I love this quote. I hope whoever you wrote it for is reading and knows how much you care about what they are dealing with. Details are totally not necessary,I enjoyed the sentiment.

tianac said...Best Blogger Tips

So often I have had these same wishes. It is very difficult to sit on the side lines and not be able to help. Wonderful post! Visiting from Mama Kat's

Post a Comment

3MomsIn1.com partner:

Popular Posts