Sunday, October 30, 2011

Immortalizing my favorite notes from Bloggy Bootcamp

Bear with me here… one more Bloggy Bootcamp Atlanta post. I have several notebook pages’ worth of notes, worthy of another pass forward:


“You are a brand. If you put any thought into getting dressed today, if you didn’t just grab blindly into your closet and grab whatever you could reach, you branded yourself.”

To help define your brand, answer these questions:

 • What are my distinguishing characteristics/traits?

 • What are my guiding principles/values?

 • What is my role on the web?

 • What is my promise?

 • What is my story?

(from @AmyBHole)
- - -

How to avoid blog burnout?

 • Make tough decisions (hours, schedule, PR, features, etc.)

 • Find your tribe (anyone who is not happy for your individual success is not your tribe)

 • Use your time wisely (we only have one life – work smarter, not harder)

 • Make time for rest/play (your blog becomes more alive when you live)

• Don’t be afraid of change (“Into the highlands of the mind let me go”)

(from @StaceyNerdin)

- - -

WHO you are is not simply a list of your roles.

Establish credibility and define HOW you are – the tangible qualities that provide insight into your skills and abilities , and assurance that you will deliver on that promise.)

(from @ShanellSaidIt)
- - -

Because of social media, the world operates in conversations. It’s all about the relationship.


Ask yourself, “where do I want to be in 2013?”; If an opportunity or idea does not move you toward this goal, you may want to think twice about using your valuable time for it.

(from @SwayGroup)

- - -

Women Online
Visit The SITS Girls for more information on Bloggy Bootcamp and to experience an endearing, truly supportive community.

5 comments:

Liz said...Best Blogger Tips

I really love what The Sway Group said. I think it can be easy to get excited over some PR offer or whatnot that comes in, and go for it without thinking long term and/or what it might say about your blog or brand.

JanMary @ www.janmary.com said...Best Blogger Tips

Great summary of a great day - hard to believe it was only a day, I learned so much.

Susan in the Boonies said...Best Blogger Tips

I was going over my notes with my husband today in the car, while we were taking a drive, and thinking about a post I want to do!

I was asking him, as my biggest fan, those branding questions that you listed by Amy B Hole.

Carrie with Children said...Best Blogger Tips

These are great notes! I've been thinking a lot lately about my own brand - these notes were helpful for me and got me brainstorming!

Melissa {momcomm} said...Best Blogger Tips

Great notes from the conference! Love that you bulleted everything out... I really enjoyed the other speakers, especially Stacey's!

Post a Comment

3MomsIn1.com partner:

Popular Posts