Monday, September 13, 2010

Shopping pet peeve

Went to a nearby WalMart today. Everything had been moved.

They bragged in their signs that "this will be like no other WalMart you've seen!"

Lovely. What this actually means is that I will no longer be able to head straight to the item(s) I need. I won't be able to find ANYTHING. A quick dash into WalMart will instead become a frustrating scavenger hunt, taking more of my precious time than I care to give.

Our area Publix grocery stores recently moved their items. But they moved them with the intention of making all their stores match. Now, no matter which Publix store I enter, I have a pretty good idea where I can find each of my necessary items. Ahhhh, efficiency.

Area Publix stores --> smart.
One silly WalMart location --> not so smart.

3 comments:

Jamee said...Best Blogger Tips

In the past month or so I have been flirting with the idea of boycotting walmart!! Our store has been moving things also but its not a HUGE change but they will put things on the bottom shelf instead of the top or change which end of the isle it is on! So like you for me its hard to just go straight to where I need to go. I usually shop Walmart at night so I don't have 2 screaming kiddos with me and they are ALWAYS out of just about everything I need. Walmart is suppose to be about convience but I guess it only applies to people who shop before 5pm! I hate not going there because the only other store in town is a private grocery store and their prices are much higher. With a family of 4 with one income we can't really afford to pay the higher prices!

BalancingMama (Julie) said...Best Blogger Tips

Ooh, yikes. I have 3 WalMarts, two great Publix grocery stores, and two Targets - all within easy driving distance. I guess that's a good things about big city suburbs. At least I can choose.

conflictedmeangirl said...Best Blogger Tips

Our Walmart just moved all their stuff around too. I was wandering around there today like I'd been dropped off at the wrong bus stop. I couldn't find anything.

Post a Comment

3MomsIn1.com partner:

Popular Posts