Monday, September 20, 2010

Gimme a break

Remember this commercial?

Gimme a break, gimme a break. Break me off a piece of that KitKat bar!"

That is my theme song for the week.
I need a break. And some chocolate. I'm in the middle of my post-family trauma recovery period. I feel guilty on one hand for being happy I can take a break - my MIL and SIL don't get a break anytime soon (but at least they are home in a more comfortable environment). And on the other hand, I truly am relieved.
But I still need a break.

It feels like I'm coming off of a major high. A kick-it-into-gear, do what you've gotta do, adrenaline kind of high. We've been giving our all for nearly 3 months
and now that it's quiet, I realize just how exhausted I am.
I want to spend my free time reading blogs. Reading books. Watching TV (I almost forgot we had a TV!). I don't want to stress about posting 6 out of 7 days. Finding reviews & giveaways. Managing giveaway entries & drawings. I don't want to spend my new found free time with the computer instead of my husband and spunky girl. And sure... I may eat some chocolate.
Make that lots and lots of chocolate. A Kit Kat does sound good! Throw in a Twix (or four) and a bag of those Hershey's Miniatures (oh Special Dark, how I adore you). That ought to do it. For the week, anyway.
I am giving myself my break. Starting... now! A few of my favorite friends from around the blogosphere agreed to some mini-interviews for my features this week. I don't have enough time to read all the great blogs out there - but I should. And you should too. So keep visiting this week and meet some of my new friends.
First up on Tuesday: Confessions of a Conflicted Mean Girl
[BTW... congrats to Janice who won the Achooz giveaway! I'll contact you via email, Janice, to get your mailing address. I hope you like them as I much I did!]

4 comments:

Julia Ladewski said...Best Blogger Tips

i just said, "we all need a great"... blah!! i need a break too!!

Julia Ladewski said...Best Blogger Tips

we all need a great. so glad you could find one!!

Avant Garde Parenting said...Best Blogger Tips

I love that old commercial! I could totally go for a Kit Kat right now... :)

Average Girl said...Best Blogger Tips

Hello! Found my way here via Conflicted Mean Girl. I know exactly how you feel -- sometimes it is all too much. Enjoy your break!

Post a Comment

3MomsIn1.com partner:

Popular Posts