Friday, September 17, 2010

A big decision

Amelia has a difficult decision to make this weekend.

You see, there's a bit of a rivalry in our household. My dear husband, nice guy that he is, is also (gasp!) a Florida Gator. He pretty much lives & breathes Gator football from September to early January. He is one of the bad guys.
Photobucket

I, of course, am one of the good guys. Like the cowboy with the white hat in those old movies, I save children/damsels in distress and chase the criminals away. Er, well... perhaps some exaggeration there. But I am, in fact, a Tennessee Vols fan. Close enough.
Photobucket

Saturday marks another big day for this household. And Amelia is old enough to choose.
 No more laying on the floor playing with toys like last year. No more going to bed early. I expect this girl to get involved. She perfected her clapping and exclamations of "ball! run! run!" last week. Now we're ready for her to choose Mommy's side or Daddy's.

Daddy will be missing the game this year. The first rivalry game we've not been side-by-side since we met. But I think I can use it to my advantage. Amelia's undivided attention for the most important game of the year?
Ohhhh, YEAH. She's coming over to my side.
Maybe when Daddy gets home, Amelia's room will look like this:
Photobucket

5 comments:

Jamee said...Best Blogger Tips

Your house is somewhat like mine!! My husband is a die hard Notre Dame fan and I am a die hard Vol fan!! Its going to be interresting for me this season because we just moved to northwest Indiana. Even though my kids and I will be the only ones wearing Orange and WHite around here... it will be worth it!!!


GO VOLS!!!!

Nickie @nofse said...Best Blogger Tips

lol... a house divided. Sounds like mine! Though mine isn't quite as divided these days-- since hubby is so very upset with his college for the whole mascot thing. And if you follow SEC news, then you now know hubs is/was an Ole Miss fan. Me, I'm a Bama girl. My best friend... Vols all the way! So as the Vols and Gators meet, I will be screaming for a Tennessee win. GO VOLS!

BalancingMama (Julie) said...Best Blogger Tips

Yay, thanks for the extra Vol cheers! My husband & I have big logo magnets on our garage door... the winner gets to move their magnet to the top. The Gator logo has been up there TOO LONG! It's time for a magnet moving ceremony, I think. Fingers crossed.

jenspurg said...Best Blogger Tips

Hoping we make it home from softball practice before the game starts! Die hard Vols fans in our house. My oldest daughter is planning to go to school there next fall so we'll have an excuse to make the 4 hour each way trips for the games! GO VOLS!

Andrea said...Best Blogger Tips

Oh my is that bed spread silk no less? What colors do the walls need to be to coordinate? And one more thing. Can you take pictures at the first glimpse? His and your daughters... Thanks!

Post a Comment

3MomsIn1.com partner:

Popular Posts