Thursday, September 30, 2010

Sweat, sweat go away

The weather has really been kissing up to me lately. Perhaps it finally realized how annoying three straight months of scorching HOT temperatures can be. I begged the weather to get cooler at home, but asked at the same time that our beach weekend remain warm & sunny.

Well, what do you know? The weather listened to me! Late September is a risky time to go to the beach, but it was fabulous for us. Mid-80s, sun shining, fluffy clouds in a blue sky. And ya know what else? Now that we've returned home, we have rain and crisp fall breezes! I am beyond excited.

Ten Reasons Why I'm Glad It's Fall
1. I smell better. So far, so good. It's not 95 degrees and humid anymore! I don't have to change clothes 2x a day to escape my own sweat.

2. I have an excuse to be lazy. College football is back! My poor team is struggling big time, but football season somehow makes it OK to sit on our butts in front of the TV for most of a Saturday.

3. I get to find out if my butt stayed small(ish). Almost time to change out my wardrobe! I love living in a place with seasons. It's an excuse to have three times as many clothes and it's exciting to pull out those jeans after months of shorts and capris. Unless the jeans don't fit. Then I get mad at my butt.

4. I can laugh at neighbors behaving badly. Halloween! This is really one of my very favorite holidays. Nothing says neighborhood friendship like pickup truck hayrides, wagons full of kids, parents who show up at your door with outrageous costumes and beer. I guess drinking & steering a wagon full of children is acceptable for one night a year.

5. I can trick my husband into eating vegetables. Nothing says Fall like homemade soup! The best way to get my husband to actually eat his veggies? Homemade vegetable soup. In a big pot, enough to last a week. Yummy.

6. I can spend more money. Christmas shopping... right? If the stores can get their holly jolly decorations out this early, surely I can blame a few extra shopping sprees on the upcoming season of giving. Even if I am, possibly, giving to myself.

7. I can over-caffeinate. Four words. Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte.

8. I can annoy others with my music. Car windows down. Chilling at stoplights with some tunes. It's too bad my 2-year-old music director requires Little People CDs in the car. I just don't feel as cool when "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" is blaring from my speakers.

9. I can breathe more freely when visiting the zoo. Have you ever been to a zoo in the dead heat of summer? It's not comfortable and it stinks. Literally.

10. I can find beauty in the process of decay. Almost-dying leaves are pretty. Soon the mountains & hillsides will look like THIS!

This post is linked up to Mama Kat's weekly writer's workshop!

4 comments:

pegbur7 said...Best Blogger Tips

great reasons. stopping by from mama kat's.

Xenia said...Best Blogger Tips

These are hilarious! I love fall - I'm much happier in jeans and a sweatshirt than sweating in shorts and a tank top. And I'm with you on the zoo, not only does it smell better at ours, we like to go when all the "big kids" are back in school and we can actually find somewhere within 10 miles of the place to park. :)

Kate said...Best Blogger Tips

Yeaaah. My jeans? Not fitting. No whipped cream on my Starbucks cider until that situation remedies itself. Or gets covered up by a great big shawl cardigan.

Tarunita said...Best Blogger Tips

Fall is my fav too!!!
I love the brisk smell in the air which I seem to enjoy the most in the morning.

http://dwivedi2326.blogspot.com/2010/09/im-glad-its-fall.html

Post a Comment

3MomsIn1.com partner:

Popular Posts