Thursday, November 4, 2010

Country Girl

I may be in a city of 6 million+ population now, but I grew up a small town girl. Where people were chatty, traffic did not exist, and food was especially yummy.

When I was recently introduced to a sauce called "Country Bob's", I just knew I had to try it. The name alone conjures up images of friendly people who know how to cook - and enjoy - good, hearty food.

I received two bottles of Country Bob's to try. I first did the fingertip taste. It was pretty good! Reminds me of a cross between BBQ and steak sauce, with maybe some worcestershire sauce thrown in. All really good flavors for meats and other savory meals. Then I discovered the Country Bob's website, chock full of recipes and ideas. It may sound silly, but I was so excited to cook with this newly discovered sauce!

I made three things in the past week, all using Country Bob's All Purpose Sauce:


 Hamburgers:
Lean ground beef
Onion hamburger buns
Country Bob's All Purpose sauce
A tiny bit of lite mayo




Glazed chicken tenderloins:
Fresh chicken tenderloins
Country Bob's All Purpose Sauce
Dash of salt
Shredded cheddar cheese for topping



And my favorite experiment so far (inspired by recipe on the website)...









Smoky Nachos
Ground beef (or ground turkey/chicken)
Tortilla chips (I like Tostito's Multigrain)
Onions
Garlic powder (or garlic salt)
Country Bob's All Purpose Sauce
Salsa
Cheddar Cheese
Can add beans and jalapenos, if desired

These were so good! I call them "smoky nachos" because the sauce adds a bit of a smoky/BBQ/beefy flavor that upgrades these from a typical southwestern/salsa flavor to something new and exciting. There's also a sweetness that pulls from the sauce, contrasting perfectly with the salty chips and ground beef.

My husband was beyond excited to get nachos for dinner that night. And they were so simple to prepare! We'll be having them again soon.

Want to win TWO bottles of Country Bob's All Purpose Sauce for yourself?

If you are already a Google Friend Connect follower, do NOTHING! A winner will be chosen from my followers. (Must have a U.S. mailing address)

If you want some bonus entries, Tweet!
@BalancingMama I want to win two bottles of Country Bob's sauce from 3MomsIn1.com!


Entries accepted through Sunday 11/7 at 10:00 PM eastern. Followers & bonus tweet will be compiled & shuffled, and one winner will be selected via Random.org. If I have not made contact with the winner by 11:59 PM on Friday 11/12, I will select another winner from the remaining entries.


Country Bob's provided me with two free bottles of sauce for review. However, all opinions expressed about this product are solely mine.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

3MomsIn1.com partner:

Popular Posts