Sunday, May 30, 2010

Who am I?

"So, tell me about yourself."

I thought this was an easy question to answer. I'm Amelia's mom. And Steve's wife. I work a little bit in the advertising industry. I'm efficient. I'm reliable. That's who I am.

So, imagine my surprise when I got completely & utterly stumped by a follow-up question recently:

"Of course you're Amelia's mom. And Steve's wife. But, who is Julie? Tell me about YOU."

Huh.
Ummmmm...
Well, let's see...

You know what? I'm not sure I know. I want to be all things to all people. I want to be viewed as a success in all my various facets of life. I am the person everyone thinks I should be. Or at least I try my hardest to be; there are likely several ways I do not measure up in many people's eyes. I am human.

I am thrilled to be Amelia's mom. And Steve's wife. I am blessed in a million different ways. But maybe, just maybe, I should try to find the Julie in me again. If for no other reason than to answer that question.

So, can you answer it? Who are YOU?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

3MomsIn1.com partner:

Popular Posts