In honor of my new URL, I figured I should think about my original thoughts behind this blog. I am still a work-in-progress. I'm still working, still stressing about "the rules" of mommyhood, and still ocassionally wondering about my own identity. I am happy, yes. But I'll never say this is easy. Rewarding at times? ABSOLUTELY. Easy? Um... not for me, anyway.
The past two weeks have been extremely busy from a work perspective. The great news is that we received client approval on some media buys, and I've been working to get those set up. We really work with fantastic clients, and I'm happy to be part of this little agency again.
However, I think Amelia is feeling a bit pushed aside due to my workload lately. Her "Mommy working - again!" comment really cut into my heart and let the mommy guilt pour in. But I know she is fine. Amelia loves school. She is blessed to have me home with her on Mondays and Fridays, as well as afternoons the rest of the work week. And weekends are a blast because we have DADDY TIME! Steve always makes our weekends fun.
Working from home is convenient. It is sometimes difficult. And many times, working from home is hilarious.
Here are my Top 5 Work-From-Home Scenes You Wouldn't See in an Office:
1. I have been known to flatten out play-doh with the left hand, while manipulating the computer/emailing with the other. Multi-tasking at it's best!
2. I have attended conference calls in my bedroom, wearing pajamas.
3. There is often something sitting on my lap (or feet) while I work. Either a 30-pound kid or a 18-pound cat. One sits nicely and sleeps... guess which one?
4. The background music at my "office" is not easy-listening radio or Muzak. It is a cacophony of talking stuffed animals, plastic toys that make noise, and ongoing 2-year-old chatter.
5. At least two emails have gone out from my work email address that were not written by me. That garbled message of letters and spaces? That was my "assistant", Amelia.
Gotta keep smiling. Life is just fine.