Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Off to summer camp

Amelia went to summer camp at her school today. The last day of school was last week, but we're lucky to have her in a facility that offers full-time and 12-month programs.

Summers off are really not an option, either for my sanity or for my job. So, off to summer camp we went. I was excited... until we got there.

The school was painfully quiet. Most classrooms were empty with the lights off. No music class to greet our ears with adorable songs and preschoolers playing musical instruments. Most of the artwork was removed from the bulletin boards because it was sent home last week.

Cue that sneaky little brute - mommy guilt.

While Amelia's little friends are home with their moms all summer, she will be at school two days each week. Like I said, home is not an option. Two days per week certainly isn't neglect. But I still can't help but feel bad. And really guilty. I guess I will just have to pack all of our summer fun into the at-home days. We'll cram in our hours at "three P's" - parks, playgrounds, and pools on Wednesdays and Fridays. Maybe some Mondays now and then too.

Amelia likes school. Hopefully camp will be just as fun. Maybe she won't even notice the silence.

Fingers crossed.

3 comments:

Amber Page Writes said...Best Blogger Tips

It's probably a lot less quiet in her classroom! She'll love it - and three days is still lots of time for fun.

Thanks for coming by my blog!

Paula Schuck said...Best Blogger Tips

Aw. She'll be fine Mommy. Two days is good socialization and slow gentle transition to school life.

I follow you now from the contest. Come and visit me http://www.thriftymommastips.blogspot.com/

BalancingMama (Julie) said...Best Blogger Tips

HI ladies! Thanks for coming by. AMber, I added you the other day, and now I'll add Thrifty Momma! I'm enjoying growing my blogging community.

School went well on Tuesday. They had music class - Amelia was really excited about it. She goes back today! :)

Post a Comment

3MomsIn1.com partner:

Popular Posts