Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Two very different days

Wow. Talk about a change.

Yesterday was a pretty rough day. I allowed several stresses to get the best of me. I lost all my patience and nearly all my hope. I spent the evening stuck in what felt like an out-of-body experience. I was just too worn out to really "be" there.

But I live with an incredible friend whom I can always talk to. My husband. Even when I could not muster up the strength to talk about it, he simply ran his fingers through my hair until I was able to give up my stress and fall asleep.

And sleep I did!

Nine hours of coma-like sleep. My body and mind were exhausted even more than I realized. Oh, how I needed that.

So today is another day. And it's been a great one! Amelia began her "big girl" school schedule. I went to the office and managed several moments of serious productivity. The time flew by. I swear this was the shortest day I've experienced since Amelia was born.

Steve was also thinking of his little girl today. He decided to leave work EARLY and join me to pick her up from school. He got to share in the joy of seeing that round little face light up. Amelia and I got to have some extra (and wonderful!) company for the afternoon. And to top it all off, he grilled a wonderful dinner for us! Pork chops with a semi-homemade honey BBQ sauce and grilled peppers & onions. With cupcakes for dessert (I picked them up to celebrate Amelia's first big girl school day).

Now we have full bellies, contented minds, and happy hearts.

Things always turn around, don't they?

Photobucket

2 comments:

Nina @ Momma Go Round said...Best Blogger Tips

That little cupcake covered face is just too adorable! She looks so proud at her accomplishment of smearing blue frosting all over herself.

Sorry to hear you had such a rough day. I've been having a bunch of those lately too (family drama) and I know how that can take everything out of you. I'm always around if you need a virtual hug or something.

So glad I found you on Blog Frog!

KellyW said...Best Blogger Tips

I am so glad your day got better. I am also blessed with a wonderful husband who sounds a lot like yours. Now, if I can get some good sleep tonight, things will be perfect!!

Post a Comment

3MomsIn1.com partner:

Popular Posts