I am honored to have been mentioned on a recent post on Adventures of Wee Mason Man. Her updates and precious baby photos are fun to read. She makes me recall those days when Amelia was only a few months old... now it seems so long ago.
I started blogging to have a place where I could babble on about my day, my kid, my feelings, my fears. Now, only six months later, I am thrilled to be "talking" to 90+ unique visitors each week (Google Analytics), and very humbled to be an official nominee on Nickelodeon's Parents Connect Parents' Choice Awards. It's fun to spend my oh-so-precious free time doing something I love and actually touching a few people along the way.
So with my newest bloggy award, I'm supposed to post 10 things you don't know about me. Hmm... okay. Here goes:
1) I am addicted to the bottled Starbucks Frappucinos. I get really excited when my Costco coupons arrive and they have one for my yummy caffeine drink.
2) I wanted to be a writer all through elementary school. At age 5, I wrote a story titled "Hammy the Hamster". I hard-bound my story in cardboard and did the illustrations myself. I still wish I could write for a living.
3) In middle and high school, I wanted to be an actress. I performed in a few community children's theater plays. I still secretly wish that I could do that for a living also.
4) I used to work at The Weather Channel. Yet I never had a clue what the weather was outside. I was the one who would open the door upon leaving for the day and say, "Oh man, it's raining!?!?"
5) I was a band kid. Played the flute. But after two years of marching band in high school, I realized I wanted to be HEARD. So I switched to percussion/cymbals. Now that was my kind of volume!
6) I don't run. Ever. I see my neighbors with amazing bodies running along the sidewalk with their dogs or kids everyday. I wish I could look like them... but with a lot less effort. Have they invented calorie-burning ice cream yet?
7) I love the beach. Nothing helps me de-stress and chill out better than the sound of the ocean. I believe it is one of the most healing sounds on earth.
8) I have never owned a dog. I can't stand the big ones who jump and lick. Nor the little ones who smell kinda funky and yap all day. If I ever got a dog, I'd go with something medium-sized and well-behaved. I love Welsh Corgis. The Queen of England owns some; surely they are proper little creatures? Maybe they have tea parties?
9) I am a terrible sleeper. I wake at least 3-4 times each night. And lately I've been having nightmares. Not helping with my exhaustion issues.
10) I am terrified to have another kid... oh wait, you probably knew that.
So, there you are. Me me me. You are now an expert on me. Wasn't that fun?
I'm going to pass on the bloggy love.
Behold, the recipients of the "Balancing Mama Finds Time to Read Me!" Award.
I miss Saturday morning cartoons. Before the time of all-cartoon cable networks, prior to a Disney Channel subscription in my home... those ...
(Missed day 1 of our sunny Florida vacation? Check it out HERE .) Hakuna Matata means “no worries”. Pre-vacation, I had my share of worries...
In the Autumn of 1983, a five-year old me entered Kindergarten. My father parked the red Chevy Caprice Classic along the curb of the steep ...
Amelia seems really bored when we're at home. We run errands in the morning to get out for a bit, but at home she just isn't very in...
"Where does Daddy live?" " Heaven ", Jack responds. "Who does Daddy live with now? " God. And in my heart. &qu...
Our second full day in the magical land of Walt Disney began on a Disney bus ride to Animal Kingdom. We arrived minutes before opening and w...
My little girl is a monster! A pretend one, thankfully. She has been practicing her " rooaar! " ever since reading the new childre...
Every now and then, I come up with a pretty good parenting idea. Today? I am quite proud of my " bedtime activities chart ." You s...
Amelia is ready for big girl mealtime. We've graduated from the highchair to a comfy pink booster seat. She's a pro at drinking from...
Daddy-Daughter pumpkin time A beautiful princess (today & every day!) The pumpkin menagerie Duh... I'm Dopey! Best. Neighbors. Ever....