Thursday, March 11, 2010

Daddy & daughter weekend

"Many marriages would be better if the husband and the wife clearly understood that they are on the same side." -- Zig Ziglar

I came across this quote the other day and it really rang true. It’s so easy to fall into a pattern of “my life is harder than yours”, especially with the drastic differences between our day-to-day activities. I’m at home most of the time. Steve is in a pressure position at work. He’s very busy and feels pulled in many directions. It’s hard sometimes to see life through each other’s eyes.

But you know what?
My husband is awesome.

It is because of him that I’m boarding an airplane this evening for a tropical island destination. He said I needed to get away for myself. He suggested to my sister that we go somewhere together. He’s even taking a day and a half off of work to care for Amelia (who just happens to be the love of his life, as well!).

So here we are, Thursday March 11th – departure day! Off with my sister to sunshine, warm temperatures, and gorgeous ocean views.

I feel horribly guilty and a little sad about leaving Amelia. Would the Perfect Mom leave her kid? Maybe, maybe not… but the Happy Mom is winning this fight.

And the Working Mom can just chill out until Monday.

I know Amelia is going to have a fantastic long weekend with her daddy. He is a great father and responsible person. I have nothing to worry about. I just have to deal with that little empty space in my heart that will be filled again when I get home.

I love my girl. And my husband. My life is infinitely more than it ever could have been without them.

Bon voyage!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

3MomsIn1.com partner:

Popular Posts