Monday, February 28, 2011

Heavy

"Know what's weird? Day by day, nothing seems to change. But pretty soon, everything is different."  --Bill Watterson (Calvin & Hobbes author)

As a child, there are few things more important than playtime and snacks. Little ones look upon the world with innocent eyes. Mommies, daddies, and grandparents are infallible protectors.

Today, I am a grown-up suffering from a major reality check. More and more mommy friends are seeking counseling and anti-depressants. I have friends battling cancer and heart disease. People I love are stuck in abusive relationships. Death has even come too soon for a few.

Is this what you call a mid-life crisis?

I feel extremely blessed that my family is healthy and happy. We have our own stresses and disappointments, but we are doing just fine. My wish for my precious daughter is that she may hold onto her youthful innocence for as long as possible. I don't want her to know pain or heartache or loneliness. I don't want her to lose part of her heart to worry for her friends. My wish for Amelia is happiness. We will focus on each day at a time, and hopefully turn every moment into a good memory.

For my friends and loved ones... you know who you are. Stay strong and make memories of your own. Smiles are a potent cure for just about everything.

4 comments:

Amber Page Writes said...Best Blogger Tips

Lately, I've been looking around, wondering, "wait, how did I get old enough for this stuff?" Cancer. Divorce. Death.

So not cool to the teenager who lives within me.

But this? Is beautiful.

Janette said...Best Blogger Tips

I do not think this is a mid life crisis. It is a realization that may have been a difficult one. I am glad you and your family are doing well. It is good to take one day a time. I hope your Amelia is always happy. I send my prayers for your friends and loved ones.

Tough Cookie Mommy said...Best Blogger Tips

Hi, Julie. I am passing by and returning the love from ToughCookieMommy.com. It is so great to connect with you! Please pass by every Monday to link up your blog for my Monday Mingle Blog Hop. I am currently holding two fantastic giveaways for full sized bottles of Purex Crystals Softener and a Celestial Seasonings Gift Bundle and would love for you to enter.
http://toughcookiemommy.com

Karri said...Best Blogger Tips

"Life isn't always beautiful, but its a beautiful ride". - Gary Allen

So true, Julie, so true.

Post a Comment

3MomsIn1.com partner:

Popular Posts