Friday, February 11, 2011

F2F Friday: Heaven Sent Bears

 Modern moms amaze me. Informed, hard-working, loving, and always striving for that elusive balance. These days more than ever, we also find entrepreneurial moms. I'm sharing my Friends 2 Follow Friday feature with some of these moms - and real-life friends from my online mommy group.

Today's featured mama business is Heaven Sent Bears.


What is a Heaven Sent Bear?
A Heaven Sent Bear is a great way to keep alive the memory of a loved one or the memory of a special occasion. Turn grandma’s apron, grandpa’s favorite work shirt, baby clothes, or a communion outfit into a handmade bear to treasure for years to come.


What makes a Heaven Sent Bear so special?
The bears are made from fabric that is special to YOU. It could be clothing of a loved one who has passed away or clothing from a special occasion. The bears are made entirely from the clothing except for the stuffing, thread and sometimes the bow. They are hand and machine sewn.

How was Heaven Sent Bears born?
I started this venture back in November 2006 when my dad passed away suddenly. The first bears I made
were for my family in honor of my dad. After that, every now and then a friend would ask me to make a bear. A little over a year ago I was getting so many orders from friends of friends and people I didn’t know. That is when Heaven Sent Bears was officially born. Since then, I have made many bears to honor the memory of loved ones. I recently added special occasion bears. I've made bears out of NFL material, baby blankets, uniforms, etc.

Do you have some favorite bears?
I know all too well how precious a bear can be to a loved one. To this day I regularly hug my PopPop Bear (as my children call their bears). Making a bear is very therapeutic for my own healing. I love hearing about how a bear has helped in the grieving process or made someone smile because they remembered a special occasion from their past. Every bear is made with the same love and attention to detail. Of course, my favorite bears are the first 12 I made in memory of my Dad. However, the bears that hold a special place in my heart are 3 bears that I made for a friend and her children when they lost their husband/daddy way too soon.

For a truly heartfelt, special gift, be sure to visit Heaven Sent Bears on Facebook.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

3MomsIn1.com partner:

Popular Posts