In doing so, I met a fabulous group of mommies. We were all due at the same time. For some, this was also their first child. Others were experienced mothers already. Somehow, simply through our little message board, we connected. Even though many of us have not met in person, these ladies are my friends.
We've since moved our "club" to a closed group on Facebook. This is the place where everyone can vent, worry, laugh, and cry, without fear of letting private secrets leak out into the public.
And let me tell ya, some of these secrets are doozies! But I'm not going to tell you those. My lips are sealed.
But I can share this one:
Do you ever catch yourself saying things to your kids you never thought you'd say?
We have! Here are a few highlights from this hilarious conversation:
- Close your butt cheeks
- Stop decorating your room with sandwiches
- Macaroni & cheese does not belong in your ears
- Stop eating all the soap bubbles
- Take the dog's coat off an go put on some clothes
- No, you may not get in the washing machine
- Do not pee on your sister
- Stop feeding the dogs glittered pine cones
Want to join in our fun? Leave a comment! What surprising phrases have come out of your mouth lately?