Saturday, December 18, 2010

Did I just say that?

A first pregnancy is exciting. And scary. And confusing. When I was pregnant with Amelia, I constantly had questions. Not wanting to be the crazy one with daily phone calls to the doctor, I turned to the Internet for answers to my frequent freak-outs and worries.

In doing so, I met a fabulous group of mommies. We were all due at the same time. For some, this was also their first child. Others were experienced mothers already. Somehow, simply through our little message board, we connected. Even though many of us have not met in person, these ladies are my friends.

We've since moved our "club" to a closed group on Facebook. This is the place where everyone can vent, worry, laugh, and cry, without fear of letting private secrets leak out into the public.

And let me tell ya, some of these secrets are doozies! But I'm not going to tell you those. My lips are sealed.

But I can share this one:
Do you ever catch yourself saying things to your kids you never thought you'd say?

We have! Here are a few highlights from this hilarious conversation:
  • Close your butt cheeks
  • Stop decorating your room with sandwiches
  • Macaroni & cheese does not belong in your ears
  • Stop eating all the soap bubbles
  • Take the dog's coat off an go put on some clothes
  • No, you may not get in the washing machine
  • Do not pee on your sister
  • Stop feeding the dogs glittered pine cones

Want to join in our fun? Leave a comment! What surprising phrases have come out of your mouth lately?

4 comments:

Liz said...Best Blogger Tips

Speaking of peeing on people, Maddie peed on me last night! I couldn't believe it!
And the dog one makes me laugh. Our dog is a cocker, which have short tails. When I see them grab to hold his tail, I have to yell at them about touching his butthole.

Jennie said...Best Blogger Tips

This made me laugh out loud, and I was sitting next to a napping baby! My favorite was the one with the dog coat :)

Tough Cookie Mommy said...Best Blogger Tips

It is so true, I often find myself saying things to my boys that I never thought I would say. Recently, when I called my younger son by my older son's name and he corrected me I answered him with "whatever your name is." He just looked at me and smiled because I guess he already knows that his Mom is crazy. :)

Organic Motherhood with Cool Whip said...Best Blogger Tips

ROFLMAO!!! OMG all of those are just CLASSIC! Esp. the mac and cheese doesn't belong in your ears. I think I may have said that one myself one too many times!

Post a Comment

3MomsIn1.com partner:

Popular Posts