Saturday, November 5, 2011

If you knock on my door...

If you knock on my door unexpectedly, I cannot promise you will see this family's best. Sweatshirts, no makeup, and toussled hair from playtime would be more likely.

If you come inside, I cannot promise you won't step on stray toys.

If you glance in the kitchen, I cannot promise you will see a sink free of dishes. In fact, you'll probably guess what we ate for lunch that day.

You see, I learned early on that cleaning can wait. I would clean myself in circles if I picked up each and every game, crayon, puzzle, or princess dress. Sometimes playtime pulls me away from those lunch dishes. Occasionally the sunshine drags us outside.

We do a family clean-up each evening. We go to bed with a neat home, ready to start again with fun in the morning. I like to wake up to a fresh start, but live life to the fullest during the day.

Life does not wait, but the mess will.

So if you're thinking of paying us a little visit?
Know that friends are always welcome.
Just enter at your own risk.



2 comments:

Not a Perfect Mom said...Best Blogger Tips

Just like my house...
but I don't wear pants...ha!

SUPAHMAMA! said...Best Blogger Tips

Oh thank God. I'm so glad I'm not the only parent who has a messy house. :) By dinner time it looks as if the playroom vomit into every room it flows into (and on some days, it spews onto the next floor.)

Post a Comment

3MomsIn1.com partner:

Popular Posts